As we approach the finale of Season 1 of Roadies, I thought it might be fun to share some tidbits about the show within the show, Dead Sex. Enjoy!
- David Spade – Harris DeSoto
- Lamon Archery – Detective Rick Davidson
- Christie Lynn Herring – Yana (Detective)
- Cody Bruno – Derek
- Tiffany Panhilason – Talia
- Katherine Murphy – Kat (Assistant)
- Caitlin Leahy – Dr. Lita
- Amanda Grace Jenkins – Tina
What if a plague wiped out nearly the entire planet except for the most beautiful people who were saved due to the perfect structure of their genomes? The one catch — the survivors must have constant, sterile, joyless sex, just to survive. Without constant sex, they become zombies. Romance suddenly disappears globally. Sex becomes an agonizing chore. Until one man… a simple everyman… is discovered. Harris DeSoto is a biochemist who was studying the soil near the toxic Salton Sea in California. Some how he was spared from the plague. This man, Harris DeSoto (David Spade) suddenly becomes the most sought after man on earth. His very “averageness” makes him a one-of-a-kind specimen. He is suddenly the most attractive man on earth. Constantly bombarded for sex by gorgeous survivors, Harris is single-minded… he refuses to be unfaithful to his wife Jen, who was never found after the plague. Harris holds out hope that his wife was beautiful enough to survive… and searches the earth for her.
In their early review of the show, even Variety suggested: “This is the Rod Serling sensibility that we’ve craved for decades — it’s like a moody Twilight Zone combined with the best of all modern cable drama. And the real revelation here is the complete career re-branding of a new dramatic sensation, David Spade.”
The Four Stages of the Plague
Other Plot Points:
- Children have been sparred – until their 18th birthday…when puberty is done. If they reach the end of puberty as an above-average-looking person, they can survive. If they turn eighteen and they’re average/ugly, they’ll die within a few days. (“and we wouldn’t know for eighteen years if the child was immune to the disease, or even beautiful enough to survive.” – Desoto)
- Five complete scenes were shot over the course of an entire day and were written and directed by Cameron
- The show is part of the CineBox network lineup…
- The Roadies are watching Season 3 of the show…this is when the show really hit its stride
- A special Dead Sex beer was created. Did you spot it on the show?
- Funco created one of a kind Pop! toys for Dead Sex. Eagle eye viewers can spot them in one episode of Roadies