Almost Famous – All the Various Titles Considered…

Posted by Greg on May 6, 2014 at 7:28 am

empire300

In celebration of Empire magazine’s 300th issue, Cameron shared his original notes as he contemplated the many possible titles for Almost Famous. As you know, the movie was Untitled for quite awhile (and was Cameron’s original choice). Check out Cameron’s introduction and all the various alternative titles below:

Cameron Crowe’s Tangerine

“I found the notes from our big “What are we going to call this movie? session towards the end of making Almost Famous. A lot of bad alternatives are listed here… luckily, we ended up with one keeper on the list.

AlmostFamoutTitles2small-page-001AlmostFamoutTitles2small-page-002AlmostFamoutTitles2small-page-003

• On May 6, 2014 at 7:34 am Dave Blackwell via Facebook said

wish you did a some kind of follow up…such a great movie…

• I’m glad “In Through The Out Door,” wasn’t chosen, because… I’m assuming I don’t even have to finish this sentence.

• On May 6, 2014 at 7:47 am Guillermo Pussetto via Facebook said

I like “A thousand words” too. And I love the movie.

• Fernanda Soligo

• On May 6, 2014 at 7:54 am Jon Seals via Facebook said

The longer version “Untitled” is probably my favorite film of all-time.

• Great film

• GREAT FILM!!! My favorite of CC’s… named my puppy after it and call her CeCe :) (I also worked at Rolling Stone for many years…)

• On May 6, 2014 at 8:00 am Tamara Wood via Facebook said

Why Tangerine? I don’t get the reference Cameron

• On May 6, 2014 at 8:01 am Julianna Cl via Facebook said

“A thousand words” sounds quite nice to me…very love you for sharing this!

• On May 6, 2014 at 8:02 am Julianna Cl via Facebook said

It’s the song of Zeppelin!Tamara

• On May 6, 2014 at 8:13 am Charly Weber said

“On the way home” was a good name ! ;)

• On May 6, 2014 at 8:23 am David Herron via Facebook said

“Untitled” is absolutely my favorite movie!

• On May 6, 2014 at 8:24 am Monica Opincariu via Facebook said

Tangerine would have sounded nice too

• On May 6, 2014 at 8:25 am Paul Simon via Facebook said

You chose perfectly but I agree that ” A Thousand Words ” would’ve worked well, too.

• On May 6, 2014 at 8:27 am Dave Blackwell via Facebook said

almost famous worked for me…lol

• OUR Cameron Crowe!!

• LOVED. THIS. MOVIE.

• On May 6, 2014 at 8:49 am Joseph said

I see “Real” listed but I could have sworn “Something Real” was a considered title as well. But “Almost Famous” is the clear, undisputed winner!

• That man knows how to tell a good story (on more than one occasion)

• On May 6, 2014 at 2:29 pm Patti Ettelson Cush via Facebook said

My family kept hoping you’d title it “The Lady Goodman Story” after my aunt! Thanks for making her “almost famous!”

• On May 6, 2014 at 2:36 pm Catherine Platt via Facebook said

Yea!

• On May 6, 2014 at 5:38 pm Leigh Ann Lucas via Facebook said

My favorite movie. Would love to tell Cameron about my backstage stories and being on tour :)

• On May 6, 2014 at 5:40 pm Sandy Benton via Facebook said

I’m happy you left it “Almost Famous” . Perfect in my opinion.

• i love this movie <3

• On May 7, 2014 at 3:03 am Ann Bass Mitchell via Facebook said

Best movie ever !!!!!

• On May 7, 2014 at 10:42 am Lady Goodman via Facebook said

Hi, I’m the real Lady Goodman & I’m so proud to have my name in your classic film~ :-)

• On May 7, 2014 at 8:31 pm Mitch Ritchie said

I too woke up suckin on a lemon yesterday n struggle daily for balance in life, its all bout the sweet n sour for real.
    Your biggest fan and future apprentice ;)
    Mitch Ritchie

• On May 7, 2014 at 8:35 pm Mitch Ritchie said

How would one try to be eligible to be an extra in one of your movies? Seriously!

• Just want to say Thank You Cameron for all the work/art/ appreciation and passion for music that you put into everything you do. Almost Famous, Vanilla Sky, n Elizabethtown i have a special connection to. I love that you included Mark Kozelek in all 3 works, and your appreciation and recognition of the best of the unknown musicians and your support of the art is not unnoticed.
    Your biggest fan and future apprentice
    Mitch Ritchie

• On May 20, 2014 at 1:19 am google.com said

What’s Taking place i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve found It absolutely useful and it has aided me out
    loads. I hope to give a contribution & help other users like its helped me.
    Great job.

• On May 27, 2014 at 10:15 pm locker organization said

My partner and I stumbled over here different web address
    and thought I may as well check things out. I like what I see so
    now i am following you. Look forward to looking into your web page again.

• On May 30, 2014 at 10:47 pm law articles said

My partner and I stumbled over here by a different web page and
    thought I may as well check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you.
    Look forward to checking out your web page yet again.

• On June 12, 2014 at 1:14 am zendesk.com said

in dairy queen split blizzard

• On July 1, 2014 at 5:43 pm Connie Green aka Constance Klinger said

I am glad you are still walking the creative path. You always have amazed me with where you can take a story. Thank you for being true to your vision. “Never give up, never surrender.”