We Bought A Zoo – Complete Soundtrack

Posted by Greg on December 29, 2011 at 7:43 am

In addition to jónsi’s score, we thought you might like to see the entire soundtrack listing for We Bought A Zoo. If the movie hasn’t arrived in your country yet, you might want to avoid if want to be surprised.

• “Don’t Come Around Here No More” – Tom Petty

Thank you!!!

• On December 29, 2011 at 8:49 am Paula Luper Coombs via Facebook said

Thank you!!!

• Loved the scene with Temple of the Dog- Hunger Strike

• Loved the scene with Temple of the Dog- Hunger Strike

• On December 29, 2011 at 9:13 am Wbhendrix said

*sigh* the never ending beautiful soundtrack selections from the greatest director in the world today.

• today´s in teathres in Buenos Aires. I can´t wait to see the movie. sorry for my inglish. sucks!!!!

• On December 29, 2011 at 9:32 am Scott Powhatan Collins via Facebook said

I’m telling you, I stand firmly by my assessment of the film as a whole–regardless of the so-so reviews it has received. I loved it, it moved me honestly and current family films wished they could be as good as this one. And yes, as always, his music choices remain impeccible.

• On December 29, 2011 at 9:38 am Scott Collins said

• On March 24, 2012 at 5:15 am Pauleberrigan said

I agree it was a fantastic moving film with a perfect soundtrack to go with it

• On December 29, 2011 at 9:47 am Randy Hensley via Facebook said

Mike McCready (Pearl Jam) soundtrack work!! That’s worth the price of a ticket!

• Dear Cameron, I’m writing this because I’m fairly certain you will not read it…please go back to making good movies…Almost Famous is a masterpiece.

• On December 29, 2011 at 11:47 am Tastahl said

will this come out on cd? otherwise, I’m downloading the songs (where possible) from iTunes. but i’d love the McCready stuff that i’m guessing isn’t out there.
    although i like Jonsi, i was a bit bummed that the formal soundtrack wasn’t the normal CC-curated mixtape kinda thing.

• On December 29, 2011 at 5:22 pm Kilgore Trout said

Thanks for this list!

I had heard a song during the film that really struck me and it worked perfectly with the scene but I didn’t know who was the artist. When I heard this song, I actually thought it was Pete Townshend (which would of course make sense) but thanks to this list, I have learned that it was Bon Iver – Holocene!

I love that with all of Cameron’s films that you know there are going to be – “Songs you know you are going to know” and “Songs you NEED to know after hearing them”!!!If you haven’t seen this film, get out and see it!!!

• i was just sure there was some cat stevens circling around in there… alas, apparently there was not.
    all of it was enchanting.

• Awesome hearing Dylan’s Buckets of Rain in the movie. Would love to see/hear Judas Priests Last Rose of Summer or the Carpenters Superstar used in a film. Great Movie!!!!

• On January 2, 2012 at 6:07 pm frank l said

thanks – I created a playlist in Spotify with the songs – I have about 80% of the songs

• amazing soundtrack (as always) !

• On January 4, 2012 at 11:36 am Leyna Minai said

Great soundtrack, I absolutely loved hearing random songs! Hunger Strike was EPIC!
    Will the official soundtrack by Jonsi/Cameron Crowe be available on vinyl at all? That would sound extremely beautiful to listen to.

• On January 13, 2012 at 8:58 am Ben Hendrix said

Greg, Cameron – please help? The Mike McCready songs cannot be found (assuming they were recorded for this soundtrack) and CKsquared? i cannot find this band anywhere on the web! Is that another “Ruckus” codename? :)

• On January 13, 2012 at 12:01 pm Greg Mariotti said

Hi Ben. They aren’t available as of yet, but I’m checking on it. CKsquared is not a Ruckus situation. It’s Carlton Kaller and Christopher Kaller. Carlton is a long time music editor, scoring mixer, etc. on many, many films including Cameron’s.
      thanks

Greg Mariotti
      The Uncool – the official site for everything Cameron Crowe http://www.theuncool.com

• On January 13, 2012 at 9:05 am twilly said

Any place to get the three McCready songs? I don’t see on iTunes or Spotify….

• On January 14, 2012 at 10:34 am Carol said

I love Cameron Crowe and his movies.  I believe that music plays a big part in how the movie feels as you are watching it unfold.  My friend and I had the best time guessing the artists as each song played in the movie.
    The music helps make the movie feel better…whether it’s sad or happy feelings.

• On January 15, 2012 at 7:07 pm Matt McGeehan said

I could’ve swore that I heard Pearl Jam in this movie

• On January 15, 2012 at 7:26 pm Greg Mariotti said

It was Temple of the Dog which features Eddie Vedder and Chris Cornell on vocals. Thanks
      Greg

• Will Crowe release the score to We Bought A Zoo on CD?
    Would love to hear those Mike McCready tracks.

Thanks! :)

• On March 6, 2012 at 9:19 am Moran said

Great soundtrack!!!

• On April 22, 2012 at 7:53 pm Tabatha_whittington said

What Is the name of the song playing in the bar? I love that song

• On June 14, 2012 at 4:51 am Einatshaul said

Another request to get the McCready tracks in any form, they are awesome and it’s a shame no one can hear them apart of the movie…

• On July 3, 2012 at 8:02 pm ShimmyShake said

Im pretty sure holocene by bon iver was in the film?

• On July 4, 2012 at 8:10 am @mega_city_4ever said

サントラ買ってもいいなあと思ったけれどヨンシーが手掛けた曲しか収録されていないらしく。Cat Stevens以外もBunnymenとかRandy NewmanとかWilcoとかかかるのになあ→。http://t.co/IUEpQcW3

• On July 29, 2012 at 1:32 am Lina Shabbir said

Excuse me. What song were playing when kids were flying red kites after lily asked kelly to choose between people and animal?

• On August 11, 2012 at 7:48 pm Late421 said

please if anyone can help, what is the song that plays during the DVD menu screen on this movie? it’s very important to me

• On August 21, 2012 at 7:42 pm Greg Mariotti said

Hi Late421. That’s the Jonsi’s score from the film on the DVD and Blu-ray main menu.

thanks

Greg Mariotti

• On August 18, 2012 at 1:38 pm @thisismusic said

We Bought A Zoo is alright actually. Superb soundtrack as well.

• On August 19, 2012 at 8:18 pm efs said

Anyone know the song that was played when the zoo inspector first came to the zoo, it sounded like jack white, anyone know?

• On September 10, 2012 at 1:00 am kinetic_one said

In the dvd extras, when they were location scouting, Crowe played a song of Neil Young. Which track was that? Can anybody tell me?

• We Bought A Zoo – Complete Soundtrack – The Uncool – The Official Site for Everything Cameron Crowe http://t.co/S1ET3nHj

• On November 6, 2012 at 12:17 am John said

Whats the name of the song when he looks through the pictures for a second time, I cant find it help!

• On November 8, 2012 at 5:33 am BMags said

I don’t know why I waited so long to watch t his movie, love it. I agree, it was moving and well done on several levels. I wish there were more family movies of such quality. The soundtrack was spot-on, as well.

• On November 8, 2012 at 7:00 pm Randy Hensley said

Watching it again with my 20 year old son. Cameron is a master. Now I need those Mike McCready tracks!

• On November 15, 2012 at 9:04 pm @ClayFive said

@sunky There isn’t a soundtrack available as such. Had to make it myself, but check out the tunes! http://t.co/odTG2UNs

• On February 22, 2013 at 4:39 pm J W said

I would like to see on i tunes the soundtrack with the tracks listed above with artusts like Tom Petty , Bob Dylan Mike McCready, Bon Iver etc……

• On April 23, 2013 at 8:09 pm Jake said

What’s the song where Matt and Scarlett are sitting on the porch before his son gets mad at him?

• On May 13, 2013 at 6:36 pm Greg Mariotti said

Hi Jake. The song is called “Holocene” By Bon Iver.

Thanks

Greg Mariotti

• On May 6, 2013 at 7:03 am @nunudaviyanti said

dan soundtracksnya We brought a Zoo keren maksimal http://t.co/pRa0lPOTb7

• On May 12, 2013 at 6:46 pm apalmer5@aol.com said

how do you buy the complete soundtrack with all the music

• On May 13, 2013 at 6:07 pm Greg Mariotti said

it’s not available, but you can definitely recreate your own!

Best

Greg Mariotti

• On May 27, 2013 at 8:40 pm @Locasuelta said

We Bought A Zoo – Complete Soundtrack

• On December 19, 2013 at 9:42 am Rickey said

This is the perfect web site for anyone who wants to find out about this topic.
    You understand a whole lot its almost tough to argue
    with you (not that I really will need to…HaHa). You definitely put a fresh spin on a subject which has been discussed for decades.
    Wonderful stuff, just great!

• On January 21, 2014 at 1:34 pm Amie said

I have fun with, result in I found exactly what I was having a look for.

You’ve ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man.
    Have a nice day. Bye

• On April 6, 2014 at 3:23 am s said

Wow, amazing weblog layout! How lengthy have you been blogging for?
    you make blogging glance easy. The overall look of your web site is excellent, as well as the content!